Monday, April 5, 2010

Our First Post!


Wow. So we are setting up a blog. What a great idea! I am so excited! I hope that you all will enjoy reading our posts and feel connected with us in our ministry because of this blog. It is our heart to partner in missions with you! Truly, without your support we cannot go. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. We love you all so much!

I (Joy) am going to try to keep this site updated. As of now, we are serving on the YWAM MT base and absolutely loving it here. Katelyn and Haley feel right at home in our cozy little dorm rooms. Yes, you read that correctly, we are living in two little dorm rooms with a bathroom down the hall and the utility closet across the hall serving as our kitchen sink. Cozy is a nice word, however, Katelyn has declared that she loves living in the dorms! To this I smiled. We are currently on the waiting list for a house on the base. What a happy day that will be!

We are listed as DTS Staff members and have been told that our first school will probably be the fall or winter school. In the meantime, I am volunteering in the kitchen and being the best momma I can be and Mike is serving with the Facilities crew as the resident plumber. What a blessing he has been here! Today he fixed a broken sink and a broken urinal. It is always nice to have a good plumber handy. :) He is also working on finishing up the plumbing on the donated hotels.

The Spring DTS school has just begun! Although we are not staffing the school, we look forward to meeting the students and sharing with them in their adventures here. God has such awesome plans for them! DTS is such a wonderful program because it opens wide the doors for God to come in and completely rearrange students' lives. Each student comes to the school with different beliefs, backgrounds, hurts, and fears and DTS is a safe place for them to address those things and to fully give themselves to God. The transformations are incredible! We truly are discipling world changers and I can't think of a better way to live my life. I believe that when I die I will look back on my life and believe that it was well spent ... because I spent it on the lives of individuals and they in turn went on to impact their world. What a beautiful legacy. Thank you, Jesus, for blessing us with this privilege. What an honor. Thank you to our financial and prayer supporters. We couldn't do it without you and love sharing our heart with you. You are our friends and family and we love you so much!

God bless you all today! Stay tuned for more Steps of Faith with Mike & Joy Sander! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy I found your blog! Thanks for the updates! Reading them is such an inspiration to me. To see you abandon it all for the sake of the call! In doing that you have opened the door to ALL God has for you. All He wants to do in & through you. Obedience is where true freedom is found! Love you guys! Praying with you for a house...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me sooo happy to see your adorable family photo! I'm amazed at the tenderness God has shown you all! What a blessed life you lead!

    ReplyDelete